Behind Closed Doors
The majority of the time, the mobility industry is left out of the spotlight and kept behind closed doors. This is because being a very specific market people don’t purchase a living aid because they want to, or because it is convenient or they like a particular design. People only buy a mobility product once their personal circumstances dictate that their mobility could benefit from some assistance. Because of this, there is very little advertising surrounding the mobility industry. No fancy adverts. No billboards. No viral campaigns. So there isn’t much consumer advice that is unbiased and freely-available.
Once it is apparent that a person requires mobility equipment, they look behind that closed door to discover that (like 99% of all retail) there are thousands of products of all shapes and sizes and no way of telling which one is right for them or who to trust. All of a sudden they are once again hit with the all-too-familiar “Buy, Buy, Buy” that we’ve all grown to hate.
This is why we do what we do, in the way that we do it. Our aim is not to just supply mobility equipment, but more importantly to provide the CORRECT equipment to match an individual’s personal requirements, from their daily activities and medical conditions to the layout of their home. Once the purchase has been made, we don’t just disappear. We’re always here to make sure everything runs smoothly from start to finish and provide any further assistance as required.
The correct living aids can dramatically enhance a person’s day-to-day life, whilst an unsuitable product could potentially make things more difficult.
Click here to find out more about how we assess an indivuals requirements.
- Blog - 175 Years of Heritage for P&O - As P&O celebrated its 175th birthday, all seven of the company’s cruise liners came together at the home port of Southampton, attended by HRH The Princess Royal.
- Blog - 3 Queens at Southampton - The Queens Diamond Jubilee, the first time all three of Cunard's 'Queen Ships' were in Southampton port at the same time.
- Blog - A J Way's Dealer of the Year 2014 - At RentaScoota we were ecstatic to find out today that we’ve received an award for being ‘A J Way’s Dealer of the Year 2014’
- Blog - A Poem by JGthepoet - One of our customers, Jonathon Goldman, wrote us a short poem to show his appreciation. Jonathan, known Internationally as 'JGthepoet', started writing poetry in the year 2000, when he was diagnosed with the rare, incurable skeletal muscle disease called Myasthenia Gravis. All of his poems are posted on www.poemhunter.com.
- Blog - Coach Travel and Mobility Scooters - Going on a UK holiday? Rent a mobility scooter and save yourself the hassle
- Blog - Dave on the Jeremy Vine Show - Managing Director, Dave Budgen appeared on Radio 2's Jeremy Vine Show regarding the misuse of mobility scooters in the UK.
- Blog - Hands Accross The Pond - What happens if one of our scooters malfunctions whilst you're at sea?
- Blog - Introducing Marvin - Say Hello to Marvin - our pride and joy. We like to think he sits perfectly somewhere between the James Bond and Austin Powers of mobility scooters. It's an ongoing one of a kind side project and we've siezed the opportunity to show the world what Rentascoota can do. We figured we've been selfish and kept him to ourselves for long enough.
- Blog - Organisations - Over the years, we've had the privilege of working with some of the biggest names throughout the UK. provided these companies with mobility scooters, wheelchairs and power chairs.
- Blog - Welcome to the new look website! - Welcome to our fresh, new and comprehensive website. We have listened to our clients and have ensured that our site is informative yet easy to use and navigate through. We hope you enjoy it and find it useful. Our Renta Scoota family of animations will help steer you through.
- RentaScoota – Information about Using Mobility Scooters for a Coach Holiday - RentaScoota can Provide Mobility Scooters and Power Chairs Suitable for Coach Holidays.
- RentaScoota – Long Term Rental of Mobility Scooters, Power Chairs and More - RentaScoota – Affordable Long Term Mobility Equipment Hire Including Mobility Scooters, Power Chairs and More. Sensible Financing Options are Available.
- RentaScoota – Mobility Equipment for UK Based Holidays - RentaScoota – Mobility Scooters, Power Chairs and Wheelchairs Suitable for UK Holidays Including Caravans and Holiday Parks.